Sunday, March 25, 2012

Paneer vrs Tofu, Blue Bunny Rabbit, Sleep Number and really, it's as good as it gets!

   I found the frozen vegetarian section  at Wallyworld.  There was an Amy's Indian meal with rice, chickpea and curry tomato sauce, and curry pea and paneer. (is the 'panier' in the spell check the same as 'paneer' that appears in cook books and menus? ) It has been years since i have tasted milk curd but I use tofu all the time. What a difference? I relished each tiny bit if paneer in the Amy's dinner. Well, I got tofu to put in tonight's planned supper.  Maybe I will make milk curd sometime. So easy to make.
   At Mother's request i picked up a big (not too big) soft, blue, floppy eared Easter Bunnie for a friend (Susan) of mom's at the home. She saw mom's on her walker and asked if i could get her one as she "likes to sleep with soft stuffed animals." Of course Susan said she would pay for it. At first i told mom that it was not necessary for Susan to do that, but I got to thinking about that further. What I have discovered over the last 20 years with C is that Nebraskans do not like to receive anything free. What to most of the people I have met over the years is a simple act of giving, generally speaking becomes a huge debt in the mind of the receiving Nebraskan.  I tell you, they carry this sense of debt to the extreme. So, I am going to leave the tag on the bunnie and tell mother that she should only offer this to Susan as a gift ONCE! If Susan accepts it as a gift, great. But if she wants to pay for it, then mother needs graciously accept the $10 from Susan.
     I usually do sleep alone in my own small bedroom. It does not take long for me to suddenly wake in the night and move to the other room. Actually, I prefer my good twin mattress with a memory foam top to C's Sleep Number queen size. Must say, I actually hate that mattress.  Just another example of C getting things his way. I understand that he went this direction because he thought it would help his back and we DID have the option of returning it after 30 days. But he liked it, even though i saw not one bit of improvement in his back pain. On the contrary, when i am IN (not ON) that mattress, it is like a battle! BTW, FYI, a Sleep Number bed is actually designed for folks who sleep on their backs and stay on their own side of the bed. Snugglers may find this mattress a BIG disappointment.
   Remember how Srila Prabhupada told the story of how he wanted to marry this very attractive young woman but his father made another arrangement with a gal not as pretty, saying how a beautiful wife can be a downfall due to way too much attachment ?  I think that it is good for me to embrace the things that C and I have that keeps the grand illusion of a perfect relationship at bay. C is excellent in so many ways, and so many of those ways are acceptance of me being the way I am. And I do the same for him. For me, this lifetime, I think this is as good as it gets .. and when all is said and done, it is working for both of us. (took us many years to get here)
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment