Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lost in a cheezy LMN movie and a beautiful day in the neighborhood

   I am lost in a lame made for TV movie.  Am I lame for watching it? Oh.. probably.. Lame for these 2 hours anyhow.  One thing I am getting from it is "Never trust the strange neighbor!"... LOLOL... BUT..that said.. I am probably the strangest neighbor MY neighbors have ever had.  I even put up a curtain in the over the kitchen sink window just to block out the back yard of the neighbor below us.  Apparently they think I "watch" them out that window when actually i am just washing dishes and dreaming of anything BUT washing dishes. OH! Sooo much for being present.. right? LOL... Anyhow, since I now know how they feel, I will make certain NOT to look out any window facing their house.  After all, I do not want to be called (OR to BE!)  the "crazy old lady" neighbor.
   Fact is, last year I went out on the deck with my guitar, as I sometimes like to do, to just sing. I did not know that the man-of-the-house was outside. In about 1 minute, this kids were running around the back yard screaming at the top of their lungs. I looked down and could tell that their dad encouraged them to behave this way to stop my singing. It worked. I have not been outside to sing since. That is one thing I really like to do. And would MUCH rather do it where there are no people. My intention is not to be heard by human ears.
   This same fellow will open his garage door and blare loud music. He harassed our dog in the past by having his young child blow an air horn at our fence, causing our dog to run there ... and then the 'adult' laughed and laughed.  And this is only one other instance.. one of many.  The latest was in telling the electric company tree trimmers that our trees are HIS trees, and then instructed them. I did not know this until the work was almost done and I went to talk to these tree guys about what they were doing.
   Ahhhhh.... ACTUALLY.. it is HE who is the 'crazy neighbor'... HE who seems to try to enjoy his own selfish behavior. (sigh) Well.. I NEVER expected I would be writing about THIS! I have surprised myself.
    Well... "Peace is not freedom FROM the storm but peace WITHIN the storm."  MAYBE one day I will get that!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment