Friday, April 13, 2012

Bacopa - Will it help?

   Caught the last 5 minutes of Dr. Oz the other day and he was recommending the herb "Bacopa" in increase memory. I wrote it down on an envelope by my seat so I would not forget it. Somehow that envelope made it to my office desk, although i could not remember taking it there,  and as I waded through some papers when i paid the bills this morning , there it was ! Bacopa 150 mgs.  After my financial duties were completed, i did a search on this supplement. Read information from a few sites and ultimately went to Dr. Oz's site and followed the link there to the company i ended up ordering from.
   I am aware of my lack of concentration and memory. I am hoping that once i begin taking this i will see a measurable improvement in my brain function. Hopefully i will not experience the one side effect that is listed, mild stomach upset, because in general that is the one thing that has in the past kept me from regularly taking capped herbs.  Remains to be seen.
   A couple weeks ago my mother gave me some information on increasing memory that she received at her nursing home. She can not read them due to eyesight. I did read them over and most of what was suggested I already do, have BEEN doing, to stay on top of things.  How many of us are the queens of sticky notes?
   Well, back to changing sheets and folding laundry.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment